Here, we will explain how to prepare for and what to be careful of when undergoing Renewal Inspection.
Instructions/precautions for undergoing vehicle inspection
In order to carry out the inspection safely and smoothly, please follow the instructions listed below when undergoing inspection at an inspection station. You may be instructed by your inspector if the instructions are not properly followed. If you still do not follow the instructions, please be aware that your inspector may discontinue the inspection of your vehicle.
- Hold on to the inspection result slip during the inspection.
- Make sure that the underbody is clear of mud and the devices could be checked.
- Make sure that the stamped chassis and engine number are clean so that the stamped words and numbers could be seen clearly.
- Make sure that the exhaust-gas measurement probe can be inserted into the exhaust pipe.
- Make sure that the luggage space, roof rack, etc. are empty.
- Make sure that the seats, seatbelts, emergency signal equipments, fire extinguishers, etc. could be checked.
- Make sure that the windowshields are in place.
- Make sure that all hubcaps, covers on lamps, etc. have been removed.
- When inspecting the engine room, stop the engine, open the hood, and keep the hood open with a supporter stick, etc.
- Keep all windowshields closed when inspecting the side windows on both the driver's and the passenger's sides.
- When indicated by the inspector, operate the horn, direction indicator, or windshield wiper. Do not operate them unless told to do so.
- Start or stop the engine as indicated by the display of the inspection machine or as directed by your inspector.
- Operate the application buttons of inspection machines according to your vehicle's construction and equipment.
- Move or stop the vehicle within the inspection course as directed.
- Drive onto or off from the tester, operate headlights, etc. as indicated by the display of the inspection machine or as directed by your inspector.
- Move or stop the vehicle within the inspection course as directed.
- For inspection courses with recorders, use these recorders to record inspection results.
- For inspection When the inspection (including re-inspection) is finished, receive entry of a total-evaluation result in an inspection result slip.with recorders, use these recorders to record inspection results.
- Make sure that odometer into the state where the total mileage was displayed.
Prohibitions upon undergoing inspection
If the following regulations are not obeyed, inspectors may discontinue the inspection and tell the examinee to withdraw him/herself and the vehicle. Please be aware that we will take the appropriate measures necessary, such as closing the inspection course, reporting to the police for obstruction of a performance of official duties, etc.
- Behaviors such as using violence and abusive language, as well as enforcing inspectors with violent language, etc. on passing the inspection (re-inspection) are strictly prohibited.
- Persons other than the driver (1 person only) him/herself may not enter the inspection course without permission.
- Do not drive your vehicle at a speed your inspector may consider dangerous (make sure to keep it a walking speed).
- Do not carry out maintenance, repair, etc. on the inspection course.
- Do not damage or destroy any inspection machine or equipment.
- Do not sit down on or block the inspection course in any way, and do not leave your vehicle unattended.
- Do not bring flags, banners, and/or placards onto the inspection course.
- Do not make loud noises using speakers and other broadcasting equipments.
- Do not bring in knives, explosives, and other hazardous materials.
- Do not act in any other way which may impede the inspection procedures and/or the administration of the inspection station.
To our examinees
nspections will be carried out using automated inspection machines as well as through the eyes of our inspectors. Instructions and precautions for undergoing inspection are as listed below. Inspection machines may differ from course to course, so please consult your inspector for further assistance.
Instructions/precautions for all inspection courses upon undergoing inspection
- Notify your inspector if it is your first time undergoing vehicle inspection.
- Notify your inspector if you have a vehicle with low aboveground level or especially wide tires (flatness below 50%).
- Vehicles with traction controller system installed must keep it turned off during the inspection.
- Align your vehicle with the center of the tester.
- Drive onto or off from the tester as directed by the display or the inspector.
- Do not make sudden starts or stops on the tester.
- Do not turn the wheel on the tester.
- Be careful of the headlight tester when proceeding forward.
- If you have a diesel-powered vehicle, do not use the CO or the HC tester.
- When moving away from a vehicle with an automatic transmission, pull on the parking brake and make sure that the gear is in its "P"-range.
- Do not start the engine or accelerate when the exhaust-emission measurement probe is inserted in the exhaust pipe.
- Follow the directions given by the display or the inspector when backing up within the inspection course.
- Smoking is prohibited within the inspection course.
- Please prohibit from using mobile phones during the inspection and restrain from wearing sandals, slippers, and other footwear that may cause false operations.
- We will not be responsible for any damage caused to your vehicle during the inspection as a result of not abiding by our instructions and rules. To prevent such problems, please follow your inspector's instructions carefully.
Please be aware of the followings for each inspection equipment.
Precautions for using the automated total-inspection system (Multi-tester)
- Do not drive onto the course with a motorcycle, a three-wheeled vehicle, or a vehicle with an axle weight exceeding 1,500kg (for some testers, 2,000kg).
- If your vehicle is being re-inspected, or is a flat-low type or a four-wheel steered (4WS) vehicle, enter the appropriate information using the application button.
- Drive slowly onto the tester after confirming that the "enter" sign is shown on the display.
Precautions for using the automated inspection system
- Do not drive onto the course with a vehicle with an axle weight exceeding 1,500kg (for some testers, 2,000kg, and for a tester for both large and small vehicles, 10,000kg).
- Enter appropriate information using the selection button if your vehicle is a front-wheel drive (FWD) car. A course for both large and small vehicles may not have this selection-button system installed.
- Enter appropriate information using the selection button if your vehicle is being re-inspected. If the re-inspection is for headlights, exhaust-emissions, and/or the underbody, please notify the inspector using an interphone.
- Part-time 4WD cars must be switched to two-wheel drive when undergoing inspection.
- Drive slowly onto the tester after checking the "green" light of the entry signal.
- When undergoing headlight inspection, stop your vehicle properly at the stop line.
- Notify your inspector if your vehicle is a full-time 4WD car or a two- or three-wheeled vehicle.